Below are some of my favorite Nature Sunshine herbs. Click here to get Nature’s Sunshine discounted pricing and support from me.
- This is a gentle but very potent anti-viral and one of my favs. It was developed by Dr Wenwie Xie MD for use against herpes simplex. Testing in the US confirmed its effectiveness but because the herbs were unable to be translated into a drug, research was abandoned. Dr Xie gifted this formula to Nature’s Sunshine. Helpful for viruses for everything from the common cold and flu to HIV.
- It also nourishes the liver, supports detoxification and promotes a healthy respiratory tract.
- You can get it in capsule form or for kids, the liquid is sweet-tasting and easy to get into little ones. Costs $15.71.
- This is a powerful product that combats any type of infection. I have used this for staph and MRSA. The gel ($16.95) is best used topically, and can be put in the eye for eye infections, and the liquid ($23.20) is most suitable for internal use. Taking silver orally is helpful for any infection and can be put in a nebulizer for severe respiratory infections.
- This is great during a respiratory infection and while it works on combating infection, it strengthens the lungs at the same time. I believe this herb is partly the reason why my daughter who got RSV (a serious respiratory condition that can hospitalize babies) at 3 months old, her lungs were congested for 4 months after and she wheezed every day for over a year — and yet today she does not have any lung issues. I did not know about lung support or what to do herbally until after that time. Had I known, things would have been different. When Ava got RSV again at 2 years old, I was able to get rid of it in 2 weeks. Today my 5 year old doesn’t have allergies, asthma and respiratory infections don’t go deep when she gets them. While there is no way to be know for sure, I suspect that lung support had a large role to play in this. I never travel without it.
- Not only is it a decongestant and expectorant, it builds and oxygenates the lungs. By dilating bronchioles and increasing blood circulation, it helps restore deep breathing and strengthens the lungs. It enhances the function of the mucous membrane lining and the colon. I have had good success with this blend with clients – from kids to a 78 year old client, for whom it alone cleared up a stubborn cough that had been lingering for months. Costs $19.05.
- This is actually more of a liver support than a cleanse. Fantastic for skin issues such as psoriasis, or anyone who feels that their lifestyle including eating and sleep habits have overtaxed their liver.
- It provides nutritional support to the liver and gallbladder. Supports digestive functions.
- This also helps facilitate a deeper, more restful sleep. This is another gentle yet potent blend, I give this to Ava to help her methylate (detox). Costs $14.10.
- Contains kelp, dandelion and alfalfa. It is formulated to deliver a variety of trace minerals to the body.
- It supports the glandular, digestive and intestinal systems.
- The deep roots of the dandelion and alfalfa plants absorb trace nutrients that are often lacking in common, shallow-rooted vegetables preferred in Western diets.
- Dandelion root and kelp contain important trace nutrients that are absorbed from the bountiful soils in which they are grown. Dandelion also supports digestion and liver.
- Kelp is a seaweed that grows in particular shallow and nutrient-rich waters around the world. It has been eaten and used medicinally for hundreds of years in various forms. It is a rich bio-available source of iodine and typically supports the thyroid.
- This is a general tonic for children and adults alike, even pets. Costs $15.75.